Inspired by the upcoming Thanksgiving season, I’m excited to share with you a little collaboration I participated in for World Market, styled and photographed by the wonderful Just Destiny Mag. I had so much fun spending the afternoon with these talented ladies and look forward to future collaborations.
Growing up, the dinner table has always been a place to gather and talk about the days events. For Thanksgiving, it’s a place to slow down, reflect on what we’re grateful for, mom’s hard work preparing the meal, putting olives on all 10 fingers and creating new memories together that will last a lifetime. But, not one of those Thanksgivings went by where candlelight wasn’t front and center (the meal just couldn’t start without those candles lit).
In sticking with tradition of having candles on the table, I wanted to create a sturdy, no-mess candle holder with Thanksgiving inspired words to adorn to table. You’ll need a few power tools and possibly a husband to help as mine so graciously does, thanks T. Here’s how to get started…
DIY WOODBLOCK CANDLE HOLDER
4×4 wood posts
1 1/2″ spade drill bit
100 grit sand paper
fine tip paint brush
1. Determine how tall and how many candle holders you’d like (3 makes a good cluster on the table).
2. Measure and mark the post with a pencil for cutting.
3. Grab your husband and saw (miter preferably) and cut the post.
4. Now stand your post up to sit vertically, use your ruler and pencil to mark the center of one end of the post.
5. With center marked and drill in hand, place the point of the spade drill bit on your center point.
6. Hold post and drill down to the desired depth for your tealight candle to sit in.
7. Once drilled, use your sand paper to smooth any rough edges.
8. Pencil (or stencil) your words onto one side of the candle holder.
9. Use paint brush and acrylic paint to trace over your letters and let dry.
Arrange your DIY Woodblock Candle Holders on your Thanksgiving table or buffet and your guests will surely be impressed. Find more World Market Thanksgiving inspirations from these talented ladies, be sure to check them out!
Location: Dream Book Design
Chalkboard and DIY Expert: LURLY
Photo Stylist and Photographer: Just Destiny Mag
Style and Fashion Expert: Salt and Pepper Moms
Food Stylist and Recipes: Baked by Joanna
DIY Expert: Dream Book Design
Craft Expert: A Night Owl Blog