I wanted to share this little Valentine’s Day craft I posted on my friend Joanna’s site over at bakedbyjoanna.com. It’s so simple and can pretty much be made the night before to serve your valentine breakfast in bed or as dessert after your special dinner out.
Joanna used this cute little heart shaped cookie cutter to create a perfect strawberry heart. If you aren’t a fan of strawberries, use bananas or pair fruit with cut pieces of pound cake drizzled with chocolate or a side of nutella. Brownie bites would be amazing too, the options are endless!
Here’s how to get started
Valentine’s Day Dessert Kabob printable
Printer & paper
Red, pink, white felt
Hot glue gun & glue
1. Print out the Valentine’s Day Dessert Kabob printable.
2. Cut out both heart shapes and tip of arrow with scissors.
3. Using your cutouts as a template, cut out 2 large hearts, 1 small heart and 2 arrow tips from the colored felt of choice.
Do this for each skewer. I like to create an assembly line by first cutting shapes and then gluing everything; it helps me feel more productive.
4. While your glue gun is warming up, cut skewers in half
(approx. 7″ long depending on your skewer length, but you can eyeball it; no need to be exact).
5. Once skewers and felt shapes are cut, you’re ready to start gluing.
6. Apply a little glue to 1 arrow. Place the end of skewer on top, and lay other arrow directly over it, kind of like making a sandwich.
7. For the hearts, first glue the small heart onto 1 of the large hearts.
8. Do almost the same thing you did for the arrows but glue around the edges only except for the bottom tips of the large heart.
This will create a pocket to insert the skewer, so you can remove it and place the strawberries and cake for guests.
9. Repeat for all skewers.
10. Once your guests are ready to enjoy, simply slide off the heart and enjoy!
Serve with a cold glass of milk and enjoy!
~ Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours ~