I’ve always been a fan of restaurants that serve chilled water from glass bottles. Not that the quality of the water is any better but subconsciously it makes it taste better, right? Besides, it just looks lovely sitting on the table.
I wanted to do the same for my Thanksgiving table so guests (and myself) wouldn’t have to keep getting up to refill our glasses. If you plan to have a large table with several guests, I would recommend making a few bottles to place across the table. Be sure to check out my DIY Wood Burned Place Card Coasters to complete the look!
THANKSGIVING ETCHED DRINK BOTTLE
1. remove any labels.
2. wash bottle with warm soapy water and dry off.
3. decide on the design you want for your bottle, I chose an easy square pattern but you could really do anything.
4. using your pencil, draw your design onto the vinyl (I wanted my squares to look a little more hand-drawn and uneven so I didn’t use a ruler to make the perfect square).
5. place the vinyl on a safe cutting surface and cut out using Xacto. You could also place the vinyl on the bottle and then cut out the design, whichever you’re most comfortable with.
6. use your fingers to rub all areas and make sure the template is firmly adhered, no bubbles.
7. follow instructions on the bottle of your etching cream. You want to work fairly quickly and have good, thick coverage with the etching cream for best results.
8. once etching cream has set, rinse and dry it off. Look over the design to make sure all areas are etched well (I had to fill in a few areas of my design, it wasn’t a big deal to do a second application).
9. rinse bottle off with warm soapy water and pat dry.